Sunday 9 December 2012

First Impressions: "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" (Stieg Larsson)

   Well, I finished reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo earlier today. And my conclusion is: it was brilliant.
   Like I've said before, the first few chapters really take their time to build up the characters.
   The middle section is good but not entirely captivating; I was far more interested in Salander's story than Blomkvist's.
   But the second half of the book… just, wow! I couldn't put it down!
   Without actually giving away the outcome of the mystery, I will say that several revelations made me go, "Jesus, man!"
   The only major problem with the book is that a lot of it deals with bureaucratic mumbo jumbo that's all double Dutch to me. I could still get the basic gist of it, though.
   So I thoroughly enjoyed this book, but I think I'll take a bit of a break before reading the second and third. I think it's about time I reread the Artemis Fowl series.
   My rating: 90%.

No comments:

Post a Comment