Wednesday 2 January 2013

"James Bond" 50th Anniversary Box Set

   I was in town today, and I bought the latest James Bond box set – the fiftieth anniversary one. And I have to say, this is one of the best box sets I've ever seen!
   The last Bond box set was the twenty-two-film collection in an attaché case that included all the DVDs individually. At the time, I thought that was the best idea, since I could shelve each film separately. After all, I knew there'd be more Bond movies in the future, making any box set instantly obsolete whenever a new one came along. (That's why I never understood why they made a box set when each Harry Potter movie was released on DVD!) But to be honest, I'm not a big enough Bond fan to want to see each movie on my shelf like that. But this new box set, for the next few years at least, is the answer to my prayers!
   For one thing, it's what I like to call a "booklet" box set, where the discs are set in plastic "pages" built into the inner sleeve. That's what really made me crave this box set: as soon as I saw that it was packaged like that. I hate when box sets get lazy and just use slim cases – but that's a rant for another day!
   But also, not only does this Bond box set feature all twenty-two films so far, but it's even generous enough to include a space at the end for Skyfall! Yes, there's a paper inlay that says, "This space reserved for Skyfall!" That is one of the coolest, most thoughtful things I've ever seen! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment