Monday 22 October 2012

First Impressions: "Stacking" + "Eufloria"

   And finally, I'll just briefly comment on two little independent games.

   Stacking is an adventure game from Double Fine in which you play a little Russian nested doll trying to rescue his family.
   You can stack up with larger dolls and take control of them, and this leads to some fun puzzles.
   It's another game I look forward to playing more.
   My rating: 70%.

   And Eufloria is a very simplistic game where you're basically planting seeds on asteroids. Later on, you have to use those seeds to fight evil ones, but I was just too unenthused to think in the required strategic way. The whole concept didn't do a thing for me at all. It's a game about planting seeds! It just left me thinking, "Why am I playing this?"
   It's better to think of them as spaceships or something, and I had a lot more fun watching John play it – 'cos he got much more into it.
   I don't have a rating for this one, since it's perfectly fine for what it is, but it just didn't appeal to me personally.

   So that's the end of my first impressions of everything I saw (or played) in England. Stay tuned for the account of my trip to Madame Tussauds, coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment