Wednesday 3 October 2012

First Impressions: "Star Trek: Voyager"

   Well, I've finished the Disney marathon. But before I start on the next load of movies I intend to watch, I've rented two more films – as I do just about every week – so I'll be watching and commenting on them tomorrow.
   In the meantime, let me offer my first impressions on a TV show for once. :)
   I am proud to say that I'm a Star Trek fan; it's my favourite show of all time. Though I have to admit I only got into it quite recently. So far, I've only seen the Original Series once through, plus the six movies associated with it (seven if you count the 2009 one), along with a few episodes of The Next Generation. But the overall concept of the show is right up my street.
   There was an episode of Star Trek: Voyager on CBS Action tonight. I saw the first few minutes of it, and given the premise of the episode, I thought it best to avoid it for the sake of spoilers.
   I did get my first taste of Voyager last week, though. The episode I saw presented one particular character with a seemingly inescapable problem, and in true Star Trek fashion, it did a fantastic job of holding my interest; I wanted to know what was happening and how the characters would overcome the obstacles.
   So, based on that episode, I really look forward to seeing the rest of the series.
   Also, I have to say, I love the Voyager theme music! It's just beautiful. It actually reminds me of the Sky Chase Zone theme from Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment