Tuesday 18 September 2012

First Impressions: "Boston Strangler: The Untold Story" (2008)

   Just saw Boston Strangler: The Untold Story. I bought it in HMV, mistaking it for the 1968 film The Boston Strangler. Alas, this is a direct-to-DVD offering that claims to reveal the true identity of the infamous serial killer. I don't know the true story of the Boston Strangler murders, but regardless I'd be very afraid whenever a movie makes a claim like that.
   Anyway, as a movie, it's just as unimpressive as you'd probably expect a direct-to-DVD movie to be. The first act seems like it's told out of order, so I was really confused about the sequence of events. The constant political corruption got annoying pretty quickly, because it came across to me like in-your-face preaching. But perhaps the movie's biggest sin, something that can't be emphasised enough, is how downright boring it is.
   So it's a disappointment both as a Boston Strangler movie and a crime movie in general.
   My rating: 30%.

No comments:

Post a Comment