Sunday 16 September 2012

First Impressions: "To Boldly Flee" (2012)

   A couple of nights ago, I was up all night watching To Boldly Flee (the ThatGuyWithTheGlasses fourth year anniversary movie) from start to finish. I wasn't sure whether or not I should make a first impression comment, since I'm not sure it really counts as a motion picture. Well, I might as well.
   I loved it, but it didn't instantly wow me like last year's Suburban Knights did. It's just… a little too complicated. This movie is the Nostalgia Critic's swan song, his big farewell. That alone could have filled an entire movie. But instead, it's mixed in with like two dozen other wrestling plot points.
   But for what it's worth, there were many moments that got a big laugh from me, and I love the way the main plot combines both Star Trek and Star Wars. There's one particular moment that made me go, "AWESOMMMMME!!!!!!!" But my favourite aspect was the bickering between Zodd and Turrell (as they're credited, presumably for copyright reasons): it killed me every single time they were on screen together!
   So I really look forward to seeing it again.
   My rating: 85%.

No comments:

Post a Comment