Saturday 15 September 2012

First Impressions: "ParaNorman" (2012)

   I went to see ParaNorman today. Everyone's saying it's one of the best movies of the year so far… and they're not kidding! It's not only that, but also one of the best kids' movies I've seen in quite a while. It's a parody of horror movies, especially zombie flicks, and a really damn good one. Kids might find it a tad scary, but it's the good kind of scary that you can laugh about at the same time. Plus, when it's straight-up funny, it's hilarious. Surprisingly emotional, too. In short, a kids' movie done very, very right. It's also a breath of fresh air to see an animated movie that's not CG, and the stop-motion is astonishingly seamless. I probably would have enjoyed it a great deal more, though, if it hadn't been for a group of kids across the aisle who just would not shut up! Anyway, I highly, highly recommend this one.
   My rating: 85%.

No comments:

Post a Comment